Registration For Walk Kansas
Walk Kansas has a new look!!
It is time for Walk Kansas 2016! While program goals are basically the same, our website has gone through a makeover! through www.walkkansas.org you can now log directly onto the website through a new interactive system.
Here is a step-by-step guide for options Team Captains have to register a team of six (that includes you, the captain, as a member of the team).
- Go to www.walkkansas.org and click on My Walk Kansas; then click the yellow Register box. Complete the Walk Kansas Registration page with your personal information, as a member of the team. Choose Ford County as your group.
- Next select a program. Choose one of three challenges for your team:
- Across the state (423 miles), each person logs 150 minutes per week.
- Diagonal challenge (763 miles), 4 hours/person each week.
- Walk the perimeter (1200 miles), requiring each person to get 6 hours/week. (You can change this selection later if needed.)
- Check Team Captain to create your team. The system will identify your team by the captain's name and you will have the opportunity to change this later.
- List other members of your team and their email address or mailing address. The system will automatically send an invitation (electronic or snail mail) to other team members asking them to register.
- The next page asks you to authorize a responsibility agreement and photo release. (Each team member will do this also.)
- The next tab takes you to the Walk Kansas store where you can place an order for any of the available items.
- Click the checkout button and follow the instruction for payment. The system automatically calculates sales tax on apparel items only, not program registration. Bring checks/cash to the Ford County Extension Office. Your order will not be placed until payment is received in the Extension Office.
Register with Paper Forms:
- Stop by the Ford County Extension Office and pick up your printed registration forms. Or print necessary registration forms located on the right side of this screen.
- Distribute participant information to each team member.
- Select a team challenge and complete the Team Registration Form.
- Collect registration forms, program fees and payment for t-shirts (optional).
- Return forms and payment to the Ford County Extension Office before March 25th. Registration is not complete until all forms are collected and fees are paid.