2022/2023 Ford County 4-H Council Officers
What is the Ford County 4-H Council?
The Ford County 4-H Council is made up of youth and adult representatives from each 4-H club within Ford County. This group plans many of the 4-H activities and events which take place at the county level. While participating, 4-H youth are able to learn a variety of leadership skills by serving on various committees and service projects, such as 4-H Achievement Awards Program events and Dodge City Days activities.
The Ford County 4-H Council is not a policy setting body, nor does it approve or set the focus of the Ford County Extension 4-H Youth Development programming.
What are the Responsibilities of a 4-H Council Representative?
- Know the 4-H Club and the club members you represent.
- Attend all 4-H Council meetings.
- Represent the opinion of your entire/majority 4-H Club.
- Report back to your 4-H Club of 4-H Council Meeting discussions and decisions.
- Work on 4-H Council activities and projects.
- If unable to attend, please find an appropriate substitute to attend 4-H Council meetings.
When are Ford County 4-H Council Meetings Held?
Ford County 4-H Council meetings are held the 4th Monday of every other month* at the Ford County Fair Building (901 W. Park Street, Dodge City). 4-H Community Leaders meet at 6:30 p.m., while the 4-H Council meets at 7:00 p.m. Ford County 4-H Council meets during the months of:
* Schedule is subject to change location or date, whereby members will be notified by e-mail or during previous meeting of schedule changes.