Club Day Events
- Model Meeting - (club and 1 or 2 adults) This event allows clubs to act out a "proper business meeting" which 4-H Clubs do each month at their regular 4-H Club Meeting. In this event, clubs must include 5 parliamentary practices found in the "Club Day Guidelines.' Two additional topics will be drawn at the competition and must be included during the competition. Please contact the office for more information.
- Gavel Games - (4-6 members) This is a great way for youth to practice parliamentary procedure in a fun atmosphere. Please see the "Club Days Guidelines" for complete rules and information.
- Show & Tell - (1st or 2nd year junior members only) This event is as simple as bringing your favorite toy and telling the judge all about it.
- Project Talk - (junior members only) Gain confidence by talking to a judge about your favorite project in 4-H. Visuals are encouraged.
- Public Speaking - (senior members only) Take the next step and write your own speech on a topic of your choice. 15 minutes maximum.
- Extemporaneous Speaking - (senior members only) Participant draws two topics at competition and chooses one of them to speak on. 15 minute prep time.
- Digital Presentation - Put your PowerPoint skills to work! This event can be on a 4-H project or topic of your choice.
- Demonstration/Illustrated Talk - Show the judge how to make a smoothie, sew on a button or groom your do in "Real Life" in a Demonstration. Or show the judge how to dog something by using pictures or drawings through an Illustrated Talk.
- Reading - This event may be a musical, dramatic, interpretive, humorous or other type of reading that can be done in 10 minutes or less. Readings need not be memorized. All participants must have one original of their piece(s) to be given to the judges for them to view while judging.
- Folk Step Dance - (group) May include circle, line, Irish, polka dance, etc.
- Square Dance - (group) Kick-off your shoes for some good ol' fashioned square dancing! 10 minutes maximum.
- Other Dance - (individual or group) Are you in ballet, tap, cheerleading, clogging, etc.? Then this event is for you!
- One Act Play - (group) This is FUN for a club to do! Grab a script and practice, practice, practice! Only one scene set allowed.
- Skit - (group) This is also fun for creative minds. Make up your own skit, put on costumes and add a set.
- Novelty - (individual or group) Are you in gymnastics? Do you like to do ventriloquists acts, stunts, puppets or other forms of entertainment? Show off your hidden talents.
- Vocal Performance - (a solo or group of 2 or more) Perform a musical piece (i.e. karaoke). Sheet music is not required for the judges.
- Vocal Solo or Ensemble - (an ensemble has 2-5 4-H'ers participating) Do you have a favorite song from vocal in school that you'd love to share at competition for judging? If so, enter it for Club Days! Sheet music must be provided for judge.
- Chorus - (6 or more 4-H'ers in a group) Group will sing two songs of their choosing. Singing may be with or without accompanist. Copy of selections will be given to the judges prior to performing.
- Instrumental Solo or Ensemble - (an ensemble has 2-5 4-H'ers participating) Do you have a favorite song from band in school that you'd love to share at competition for judging? If so, enter it for Club Days! Sheet music must be provided for judge.
- Band or Orchestra - (6 or more 4-H'ers in a group) Group will play two songs of their choosing. Copy of conductor’s scores will be given to the judges before playing.
** Clubs are required to do a group event to count towards their CLUB SEAL.
*** Age is determined by 4-H Age (member's age on December 31). Senior (SR) Division -14 and older. Junior (JR) Division - 13 and younger. (Unless otherwise stated in individual sections.)