1. K-State home
  2. »Research and Extension
  3. »Ford
  4. »News
  5. »Dicamba Training Required for 2018

Ford County

2019 Kansas Dicamba Training Information

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do all dicamba products labels require the additional training?
    • You are required to have additional label-required dicamba training when applying the restricted use dicamba products: Engenia, FeXapan, or XtendiMax.
  • Where can I get the training for 2019?
  • Do I need to attend training if I already did in 2018?
    • The labels of these products state that prior to applying this product in the 2019 growing season, all applicators must complete dicamba or auxin-specific training on an annual basis, so even if you attended in 2018 you will need to attend a training in 2019 prior to applying these products.
  • Do I need to be certified to use these products?
    • The new labels state that these formulations are for retail sale to and use only by certified applicators. In the state of Kansas, this means that everyone purchasing and using these products has to either obtain a private applicator license (application to agricultural land owned or operated by individual) or a commercial applicator license (applicators applying to other people's land for compensation). If you have been applying under someone else's license in the past you will need to get your own license if you are applying these products.
  • My hired hand and I both hold private applicators licenses. He will be doing all my spraying. I am taking the dicamba training, but does he also have to take the dicamba training?
    • Yes. Anyone who applies one of the RUP dicamba products must complete an approved dicamba training and hold either a private or commercial applicator license.
  • Do other states accept Kansas's state-approved RUP dicamba training?
    • Nebraska accepts all other states' training so long as the applicator receives the Nebraska Department of Agriculture module with its specific information. Oklahoma and Colorado will accept Kansas's state approved training. This year, Missouri does not have any state rules so they will be accepting the registrant's training, but applicators need to not the apply in MO so the training can be turned into that state.


This information is made available by the K-State Pesticide Safety and IPM Program. Contact Ford County Extension Office, at 620-227-4542, if you need additional information.