1. K-State home
  2. »Research and Extension
  3. »Ford
  4. »News
  5. »Sources of Aid for Those Affected by Wildfires

Ford County

Sources of Aid for Those Affected by Wildfires

For local Ford County producers who lost fence, hay and other livestock supplies in the recent wildfires, please contact the Ford County Extension Office at (620) 227-4542 so we can match up donated supplies with those in need.

Kansas Farm Bureau and the Kansas Livestock Association (KLA) are working together to organize hay and fencing material donations for those affected by the wildfires. The public can make in-kind donations by calling KLA at (785) 273-5115. Cash donations will be made through the Kansas Livestock Foundation (KLF), KLA's charitable arm. Funds generated through donations to the KLF will be used to support ranchers impacted by the fires.

The Kansas Farm Bureau has a website that may be a good resource for both people interested in helping and those who need assistance. Check out the site at www.kfb.org/firerelief.

Other local organizations accepting donations and also providing assistance include:

  • Salvation Army: (620) 225-4871
  • Catholic Charities of Southwest Kansas, Dodge City: (620)227-1562
  • United Way of Dodge City: (620) 227-8793